WORK WITH US
RETAIL ASSISTANTS (FIXED-TERM, PART TIME, AND CASUAL ROLES AVAILABLE)
ALEXA & KARA is looking for Retail Assistants / Sales Stars to join our team over Christmas and summer.
These roles are fixed-term from 1st of November 2021 till mid-January 2022.
We are a New Zealand based, queer-owned small business selling a variety of earrings – contemporary and sterling silver. We like to think of our business as the earrings playground! We are an e-commerce business, shipping earrings all over New Zealand and worldwide! We also trade in-person, frequenting different markets and exhibitions around Auckland and North Island. This November, we have been blessed with the EXCITING opportunity to open our first ever kiosk space in Sylvia Park!
Here’s how you can be part of an amazing opportunity!
This multi-faceted role requires:
100% availability to work from 1st of November 2021 to mid-January 2022, including Boxing Day and New Year’s Day and flexibility to work on weekends, early mornings, late nights and shopping centre Christmas extended hours.
- Sales experience (preferably in a fashion retail environment or at weekend markets)
- High energy, big smiles, welcoming, approachable and a people’s person
- Sales target and results orientated
- Team player, supporting, inclusive, treat everyone with kindness and respect
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Reliable, consistent, 100% punctual, can-do attitude, positive!!
- Work well and can multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- You can see yourself serving multiple customers at a time and still focus on putting sales through
- Work in our Pop-Up counter at Sylvia Park (Mt. Wellington) and can also travel within Auckland for weekend markets, Christmas events and exhibitions.
- Quick learner and agile to changes
- Love and collects earrings!
We operate 7 days a week on a flexi-roster, so you must be available to work a variety of shifts - early mornings (ie. weekend markets set up from 6:30am), late nights (including shopping centre Christmas extended hours), weekends, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- Achieve and exceed sales targets using your amazing selling skills, KPI focused
- Provide the best customer service, develop and maintain customer relationships
- Build awareness, share our brand story and engaging with customers
- Visual merchandising according to guidelines, maintain exemplary shop floor standards
- Keep updated with promotions, lead and guide customers, make suggestions and listen to their needs.
- Can-do attitude, work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a high standard of personal grooming
- Handle daily operational tasks including operating POS system, stock management, earrings prepping, housekeeping, customer service.
- Maintaining an inclusive and welcoming environment for team members and customers alike
- Maintain company standard when packing online orders and parcels
Why ALEXA & KARA?
- Welcoming and inclusive team culture!
- Enticing staff discount (Earring lover’s dream!)
- Team incentives in the form of bonus, rewards, gifts!
- Exciting fast paced work environment – across various locations (markets and events)
- Very approachable management team that actually LISTENS
- Training on the go
- Career growth opportunities – take on other roles in our growing business, extend contract beyond Christmas and summer, both sales and non-sales related roles. Our business is small but thriving, opportunities will open up!
If you love supporting a small business and want to play a vital role in our business growth, are sales focus, love the hustle and bustle, fashion savvy, enjoy switching up your earrings, high energy and have a can-do attitude, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for various fixed-term part time and casual roles.
Candidates must hold relevant work rights for New Zealand.
Please send your CV, and cover letter – (including your confirmation of availability from 1st Nov 2021 to mid-Jan 2022) through now to Dianne Liaw (firstname.lastname@example.org) for this exciting opportunity to be part of our team!
ALEXA & KARA