All our sterling silver studs are made of S925 sterling silver, designed and made to last a long time. Sleep and shower safe, perfect for everyday wear. Over time (ages away!) the colour will dull, simply wipe and clean with a soft jewellery cloth or use a professional silver jewellery cleanser.
Gold plating naturally wears off over time. We do not recommend using a strong jewellery cleaner. Thoroughly dry your gold plated jewellery after exposure to water to make it last longer.
CONTEMPORARY (FASHION) JEWELLERY
To increase the longevity, these are some of our top tips and best practices!
- Keep it as dry as possible. This means minimizing contact with perfume, water, sweat, lotions, salt water, chlorine and so on.
- Store carefully, avoid cluttering many pairs together.
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from direct long term sun exposure or humidity, especially steamy bathrooms.
- Avoid wearing it in showers or to sleep.
- Avoid harsh chemicals or soap.
- Wipe & clean with soft cloth.
- Handle with care. Dropping or heavy use of our pieces can cause wear & tear to appear faster, including loss of stones, diamanté, discolouration, dullness. These will not be considered as faulty.
Common FAQ – Fashion Jewellery
Discolouration, dullness, tarnish, rust
Our fashion jewellery pieces (earrings, bracelets etc) contain metal, alloy, copper, cubic zirconia, stainless steel, brass, among many other materials and will tarnish with time. This is the nature of the pieces due to its fragility and will not be considered as faulty. Avoiding contact with hairsprays, perfumes, water, sweat, steam etc will really help increase the longevity of the item.
Loss of diamanté, stones and other parts of the item
Careless handling resulting in loss of any parts of the item will not be considered as faulty. Please handle with care, avoid dropping it especially on hard surfaces or careless tossing and practise the tips stated above.
Back pin & clasp
The wear of the earrings will not be affected if the back pin is bent. It can be bent back easily due to the nature of the metal, silver or gold coated regardless. The plastic surrounding the back clasp is used to protect the earrings during transportation. Break off the plastic for ease of use and wear. If you choose to leave it on, wear won’t be affected but it might get uncomfortable!